Rays of Consciousness

Insight into who I am? Hmm, one of my dearest friends said, "You need to get your t.v. watchin, greenery smokin, feline lovin, tree-huggin, no meat eatin, Goddess-adoring butt out of that bed and get to school! You hear me?!?" Of course I mumble and grumble in protest, mornings aren't my bag.

Thursday, May 19, 2005

YEEEEEAAAHHHHH! I got the job as a Teachers' Assistant at the Rocky Mountain Deaf School! I am so E X C I T E D! I start on August 12th. The interview was about 45 to 50 minutes long and done by two teachers and the principal. Sheesh I've never been interviewed by more than one person before! Very challenging questions thrown my way and I surprised myself by some of the thorough answers I gave in return.

One I think I'll remember for a while, they asked if I saw something the teacher did that I didn't agree with how would I handle that situation. I told them that I would deal with it internally first by asking the teacher in a neutral tone for an explanation/clarification of why certain behaviors had been enacted. I emphasized that it would have to be "neutral" because if I gave away that I disproved of something the teacher may then go into automatic defense mode and no beneficial solution would come from that. I could see it in their faces they were impressed all the while trying to 'smother' that expression and be strictly "professional" for the interview purposes.

They said they'd let me know by next week if I got the job or not. I thought sheesh, what a long agonizing wait but then they text me the next day and told me the job was mine and they all agreed to offer it to me shortly after I left the interview. Apparently I wowed them.

Not only does it pay slightly better but also comes with medical benefits! So I am set for a job next year to do during the day and will be taking my college classes at night.

Life is good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home