Rays of Consciousness

Insight into who I am? Hmm, one of my dearest friends said, "You need to get your t.v. watchin, greenery smokin, feline lovin, tree-huggin, no meat eatin, Goddess-adoring butt out of that bed and get to school! You hear me?!?" Of course I mumble and grumble in protest, mornings aren't my bag.

Friday, October 14, 2005

Lessons!

I can't wait to begin my lessons in four days! Starting Wednesday nights I will join in with a friend who takes them. What is "them" you ask? Belly dancing! Now don't laugh. I'll have you know full size figured gals have been performing since the arts was invented. They would perform in temples, at weddings, community gatherings, for sultans...in fact it is customary today for Egyptian weddings to hire belly dancers to perform for the newly married couple.

Funny, I lived in Oregon only a few short months but had two friends with whom I resided with at the time. Missy and Gary. Missy was/is a belly dancer and performed at India restaurants where Gary and I would go to watch and be supportive of her. She used to nag on me all the time to take classes with her but was always met with a resounding reluctance. I insisted that queen sized womyn could not partake of the arts where the focal point would be on the stomach. This isn't true though, there is a large variety of costumes that flatter the body in a better way and the midriff does not always have to be shown. I weigh maybe a little bit less than I did when I lived in Oregon though. What changed? My attitude, that's what. Gone are the days that I'm sitting on the sidelines watching life slip by me.

Time to get actively engaged and participate in all of the adventures life has to offer me!

Check out this link: http://www.angelfire.com/art/bbwdance/cando.htm

Can't wait to learn how to shiiiiiiimmmmmyyy properly!

7 Comments:

  • At 11:50 PM, Blogger C said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger Ray said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:54 PM, Blogger C said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:17 AM, Blogger Ray said…

    Grrr comments deleted between a drunk cory and myself LOL oh well sorry for that.

     
  • At 6:03 AM, Blogger C said…

    Heeheee

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger C said…

    Honey Life is to short. U should try it out and who cares about weight. It just if you're willing to work at it then go for it. It all in the head and the faith in the self.

    U got the faith.
    Peace Babe

     
  • At 5:22 AM, Blogger LARRY said…

    That's awesome! Flaunt those hips in their faces! ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home