Rays of Consciousness

Insight into who I am? Hmm, one of my dearest friends said, "You need to get your t.v. watchin, greenery smokin, feline lovin, tree-huggin, no meat eatin, Goddess-adoring butt out of that bed and get to school! You hear me?!?" Of course I mumble and grumble in protest, mornings aren't my bag.

Sunday, July 25, 2004

Hmm.....I go out on a date yesterday and mind y'all I haven't really had one in six months. It was......interesting to say the least. First dates are always....unnerving in my opinion. Ya gotta wonder how open-minded the person is that you're "dating" and I'm thinking to myself well she is forty years old, she's gotta be right? She was and she wasn't. Talk of spirituality had her raising her eyebrows a bit too much so I halted that talk quickly. Talk of politics was fun though, along with whats your favorite color, food, and so on....that part is always amusing right? Ah she's closed-minded with the whole 'rowing' but that's okay I can work around that. Not like I'm building a life with this gal, it is just a date. I wanted to take in the scenery, we were at Ms C's ( a country lezzie bar) but then I didn't want to be rude by looking around mid-sentence and all so we droned on and on all evening. Don't get me wrong the conversation was fine, the chemistry was so-so though. She hadn't been out on a date in over ten years....only because she said "I haven't found any interest til now" which was flattering... you know what the biggest highlight of my evening though was? When this cute soft butch comes up to me and signs "You are SO beautiful" I swear to Goddess I turned beet red and my date just smiled on awkwardly. The gal left smiling at me and I had to take a moment to will myself back to normal coloring in my face. LOL that did stir the heart nicely. Hmm. Will there be a second date? I dunno maybe...I miss the dating scene at the same time I don't really just want to date "anyone". Y'all know the saying "If you can't have Ms. Right....NOW then just have fun with all the wrong ones" or "If you can't have the one you love now, then love the one you're with" those are things I'm really trying to embrace here! Heehee! You know what I am tired of though? Bars bars bars! I want to see the Orchestra or something DIFFERENT for a change! Argh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home