Rays of Consciousness

Insight into who I am? Hmm, one of my dearest friends said, "You need to get your t.v. watchin, greenery smokin, feline lovin, tree-huggin, no meat eatin, Goddess-adoring butt out of that bed and get to school! You hear me?!?" Of course I mumble and grumble in protest, mornings aren't my bag.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Just a poem I found that I wrote about someone I had dated for a while and it didn't work out. Poetry is often what I turn to in order to let go and create anew.

Elusive Lover & The Goddess

Cannot catch you, elusive lover
But I can feel you

See my fire burning bright
But you remain detached

Our connection, sacred and profound
Tells of no lies, only of truths abound

So run all you want, but you won’t get far
I’m a part of you, etched inside your soul

Blindly grope at other connections
But they won’t lift you as high as I can

I’ve stood in the center of the fire
Waiting for you to join

What are you so scared of?
I only reflect what brews inside of you
I simply hold a mirror for you to see
Disbelief keeps you disconnected
So be it.

I must let go of what no longer serves my growth.
But to bring myself to cut the ties that bind…
Makes me fall to my knees and whisper,
“Ok, Goddess, this is in your hands now”

Releasing you, a part of me comes undone
Alone now, creation to be birthed anew

Nurturance of new connections
A faint dream opening me to other possibilities
Awkwardly I begin to stumble forward
And plunge into the whirlwind abyss

Where will I end up?
Who will I meet?
What will become of me?
And how will I know I’ve landed?

A gentle whisper answers,
My child, close your eyes and trust me
I have seen you through countless of times.
Learn to breathe, learn to let go, learn to be.
I know of your dreams and I know of your
hungers. You must learn of how to surrender.
Surrender to me and surrender to yourself
but surrender sweet child of mine, surrender.

Your loneliness is an illusion, for I have been with
you since the beginning of time and I am what
sustains you when all else falls away.

I am in the beatings of your heart
I am in the rise and fall of each breath you take
I am in the eyes that gaze back at you in the mirror
I am in and of your heartache, fears and tears
I am in the laughter you release
I am in the roots that keep you grounded
I am in and of the wings that make your goals take flight

But most importantly Daughter, not only am I in you,
I am you.

11 Comments:

  • At 7:26 PM, Blogger Ray said…

    It's funny but the shape of the poem almost looks like a female figure...the Goddess herself!

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger C said…

    Gosh Dolly Darn, how could it be but that brings tears to my eyes and that just makes me feel connected and alive and that was a little windful tap on my shoulder back to myself.

    Enlightment

     
  • At 5:23 AM, Blogger LARRY said…

    wow...very poignant...love it!

     
  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger Mel said…

    Def sounds like something you needed to do.. ;)

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "My Choice is what i chose to do and if i'm causing no harm it shouldn't bother you. Your choice is who you chose to be and if your causin no harm then your alright with me. If you don't like my fire then don't come around cuz i'm gonna burn one down."
    -Ben Harper

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger Ray said…

    Yer comments are off and odd my brother, but I welcome them just the same. Pfftth.

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger billy said…

    what a poem. the tone of this is quite powerful and how you expressed your feelings toward the person is outstanding. important you know where you are now and you continue to move on. excellent. thanks for sharing this beautiful poem with us. hugs xoxo

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Out of curiousity, who was you writing this about??

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger Ray said…

    Just someone I dated a while ago. She isn't of or inside the "Deaf box" of people we know...and send me your link to your blog YC! Pffth.

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Didn't realized that you dated someone "a while ago". I don't have blog anymore.. got rid of it a while back ago! Ha~ How did u know it was me anyhow???

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger 3arl said…

    Wow -- love your poem! Always have! Keep that up -- this s a fabulous way to express yourself. I felt like you spoke for everyone who s in same boat as you are. HUGS!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home