Rays of Consciousness

Insight into who I am? Hmm, one of my dearest friends said, "You need to get your t.v. watchin, greenery smokin, feline lovin, tree-huggin, no meat eatin, Goddess-adoring butt out of that bed and get to school! You hear me?!?" Of course I mumble and grumble in protest, mornings aren't my bag.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Letting Go

Fall came early for me this year
Her soulful amber eyes reflected in the mirror
She crept fast behind me bringing whirlwinds of change
Swept me so far out of range

She whispered she heard my heart's desire
It had stumbled a long journey, weary and tired
The endless possibilities that opened and shut
I lifted my glass to the Fates as they cut

How startled I am to see a wake of doors shut
To say goodbye to an old best friend
To say goodbye to another, I once ached to fit
An odd puzzle piece willing to bend
To say goodbye,Cali-Boi,the tide had threatened to engulf us in
And releasing Darlin' how hard it is
The lingering, flickering flames
That hauntingly echoed her name
Seemed to shadow, seemed to follow

The boat prepares to venture and sail
What disappeared were the handrails
To the cloaked crone, I kneeled and hailed

The last full moon of Summer I glimpsed
My single days, squeezed and rinsed
How could I pay homage for the ultimate gift?
The Crone approached, and lifted my chin
Kissed me with her crimson lips
Imparting all her wisdom and tips
The chalice of love, to carefully sip

The chalice of love I carefully sip.


2 Comments:

  • At 6:41 AM, Blogger LARRY said…

    wow...that was just beautiful

     
  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger C said…

    Indeed!You should think about publising a Ray Sunshine book of poems.

    Cheers

     

Post a Comment

<< Home