Rays of Consciousness

Insight into who I am? Hmm, one of my dearest friends said, "You need to get your t.v. watchin, greenery smokin, feline lovin, tree-huggin, no meat eatin, Goddess-adoring butt out of that bed and get to school! You hear me?!?" Of course I mumble and grumble in protest, mornings aren't my bag.

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

I helped my family re-paint my grandfathers' house. We re-did the white foundation with brown trimmings and it looks so good, my grandma would be so proud. I am thinking of going to the art store to buy copper paint to do the outlines of the white deers on the shutters so that it looks even more spectacular. I especially took over for the playhouse I grew up in. Painting the primer on it and what not. Really was sentimental for me sifting through cozy warm memories of a childhood played out in past summer heats.

Been a whirlwind of plans lately too. Friends and family to catch up with and all. Am really having doubts about Austin simply because of not really having one support link there that I could count on....I mean dad is there but three hours away from where I'd be...Kristin may as well be in another state being all the way up North, and Nikki lives near my dad in Fort Worth so it's difficult to embrace a place where there are no links.

When I think of Santa Rosa, I have one link that is there and its a roommate I've already lived with in the Valley so that right there is appealing. She even mentioned a four bedroom house that we could rent, her and her new girlfriend and I. How interesting that would be since she lived with me while I was in a relationship and now the tables would be reversed if that plan comes through. It just feels easier on all levels if I chose Santa Rosa... hmm also Bastyr University sounds really really fantastic and I'm really attracted to their program so if I could get all the qualifications met in Santa Rosa I could then move to Seattle and go to Bastyr. How easy it is to talk about it, and so much harder it is to work towards it. Both of which I am dedicated to doing even though there is frustration at the pace it's taking...

Then again I remember once I said to a friend "Don't do things because they're easier....do things because it's the right thing to do and the right timing to do it in". Kinda gotta practice what I preach there. So maybe I will give Austin a chance and a visit...who knows. We'll see. If I go it would be in the first week of September or after a friend of mine has her child mid way through September, she'll kill me if I miss it.

I go bridesmaid shopping with a friend tomorrow she is to be the matron of honor and wants my feminine feedback. Oh joy in a store that'll remind me I'm pretty far from having that aspect played out in my life. Grrr heeeheee. That's alright, I have my educational goals to sustain me who needs a womyn to settle with? Fiddle dee dee! I won't think about that today, I'll think about it tomorrow!

Y'all watch the Presidential electional speeches lately? I enjoyed hearing what Kerry had to say when he was visiting downtown Denver, watched it on the news and liked his vows and of promising to make our homefront security stronger. I really think the war efforts would be withdrawn to several levels if he is in the office. I've been really impressed with the people downtown on the streets making sure people are registered to vote this year....this having a more weight of importance penetrating into our consciousness like it should. We can't go bombing our way into a country before a full investigation has even been thoroughly done. The slaughter of innocents is making me livid and sick. A stronger America DOES begin at home. Problem is, what of the other countries at risk and in need of our protection, hope, compassion, love and honor? We're called selfish if we don't help but jumped on for 'getting involved' if we do help.

Damned if you do....damned if you don't.

My vote is for peace. Helping to make sure ours is solidified but not stopping at that, helping to make the rest of the world find that solidification too. After all we really are much like a web, when one strand is ripped off there will be a ripple that shudders through the rest of the web making us alert to one thing: Interconnection.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home